Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2026

2/9/2026

 2/9/2026. Straight to the world‑famous Butler’s Pool and to our friends at watervillegolflinks.ie, great to report that there were a couple of catch‑and‑release Salmon landed there today. Now we head for the C&R Inny, where the Inny farmer reports at least three Salmon released. And just for the record, there was a nice flood last night with 17.3mm of rainfall. I said to the Inny farmer that might be an understatement, he can say it, but I can’t. No reports from the Currane anglers.Yesterday’s weather, Max air temperature: 18.0°C, Sunshine: 3 minutes. Fish Farms the death Sea Trout and Salmon, David has his say

 

Hi Vincent, I’ve just seen that the fish farm at Deenish Island has been granted a new licence. Has Ireland gone mad altogether? How can the country keep approving these farms while wild Salmon and Sea Trout stocks collapse? It’s unbelievable that we’re still watching salmon farms wipe out the very fish Ireland is supposed to protect.
As for Salmon Watch Ireland — well, I genuinely don’t know what they’re at. From where I’m standing, they seem more interested in pushing regulations on anglers than tackling the real threats. Illegal fishing continues, illegal drift netting continues, and yet the pressure always seems to land on the ordinary angler and the visiting angler who supports rural communities. Stopping an angler from keeping one Salmon in September is ridiculous when you look at what’s happening elsewhere.
And another thing: how come Salmon Watch Ireland have never once commented on, supported, or even acknowledged the destruction these fish farms are causing on your blog? Very suspicious behaviour for an organisation supposedly defending wild Salmon.
Ireland needs real protection for its rivers, lakes, and coastal waters, not more licences, more silence, and more rules aimed at the wrong people.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.